Gratitude is officially good for your mental health. (Harvard says so, so it must be true.) As a self-care practice, it’s great to record things you’re grateful for – big and small. So here’s Thankful Thursday – my list of things I’m grateful for this week.
This week I’m thankful because:
- Susan and Kevin are still in Strictly and I love them. Their joy is contagious.
— BBC Strictly✨ (@bbcstrictly) November 5, 2017
- Our family had our first actually enjoyable bonfire night (if you missed my blog it, you can read it here: Fireworks… without the ‘fireworks’.
- I’m still feeling the love for autumn. (Sausage hotpot in the slow cooker for the win.)
- Pete wrote an excellent measured-and-polite-but-assertive ‘enough of your nonsense’ email to our social worker expressing our disappointment and frustration that various things that are supposed to have been done are still not in place. I married him for many excellent reasons, not least his culinary talents, but my word that man writes excellent emails and this makes me happy.
- I’m looking forward to the Adoption UK conference and meeting lots of my Twitter-friends this weekend. (I’ll be wearing this – if you spot me please say hello!)
What are you thankful for this week? Are you a fellow fan of all things autumnal? Let me know in the comments – it’s good for you! 😉