Gratitude is officially good for your mental health. (Harvard says so, so it must be true.) As a self-care practice, it’s great to record things you’re grateful for – big and small. So here’s Thankful Thursday – my list of things I’m grateful for this week.
This week I’m thankful because:
- We had a meltdown-free Christmas Day. (I’m still surprised about this one. It was amazing.) We had a lovely time making new Lego sets and it was generally all very laid back and astonishingly stress-free.
- We survived Boxing Day at the in-laws’ (which was really hard last year). And it gave me an amusing anecdote: my mother-in-law insisted we play Happy Families (the card game). She explained to the children that every family consisted of a Mr, a Mrs, a Master, and a Miss. I piped up that this was statistically unlikely and got The Death Stare. This still makes me laugh every time I think about it.
- I was given some lovely self-care-related Christmas presents: books, DVDs, a blanket, chocolate, stationery… Pete did a particularly excellent job, and for the first time the girls wanted to buy presents, so we helped them do that. Their wrapping was both very sweet and very funny.
- We had snow!
- We’ve managed not to be ill at Christmas. Such a relief after several years of feeling rubbish over the holidays.
- I was unexpectedly given the all-clear for a health condition I’ve had for 20+ years while being tested for something else. It’s made me re-evaluate some of my excuses! I think this bodes well for 2018.
What are you grateful for this week?
Share the Thankful Thursday joy and let me know in the comments – it’s good for you! 😉