I’m Hannah Meadows: wife to the wondrous Pete, and adoptive mum of Joanna (9) and Charlotte (7). I help adoptive parents look after themselves by providing resources and advice. Hello.
Though they are marvellous in many ways, our children’s early trauma means we also live with child-on-parent violence. We think it likely that Charlotte also has FASD (foetal alcohol spectrum disorder) and, like many adopters, we are constantly battling for better support for them (and us). You’ll see a lot about that battle on this site.
You’ll also find
- resources for adoptive parenthood
- reviews of books and products I think you’ll find helpful
- posts about specific aspects of self-care
- moans about the continual slog of trying to get our children the support they need (including a campaign to highlight adoptive parents’ mental health and tips on how to get things moving)
- accounts of the latest bout of violence (just so you know I’m dealing with the same stuff as you).
And that summarises everything around here. If you’re not sure where to start, then click on one of the most popular posts (above) and leave a comment to say hello.
I write about adoption for a range of publications and am available to commission for blogs and articles, both in mainstream media and for adoption organisations.
My blog posts have been promoted by CBeebies and MumsNet.
Note for PRs
I’d love to work with you – I offer sponsored posts, reviews, competitions and giveaways at competitive rates. I have a DA of 25 and high rates of engagement. There’s more information on my stats and demographics here, updated weekly.
Amazon links are affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking through I get a really tiny amount of money. Just so you know.