I’m Hannah Meadows. I help adoptive parents look after themselves and find the practical resources they need so that they are equipped to help their families thrive. Hello.
I’m married to the wondrous Pete, and adoptive mum to Joanna (9) and Charlotte (8). They are kind, creative, and hilarious, but because of their early trauma we also live with child-t0-parent violence. We think it likely that Charlotte also has FASD (foetal alcohol spectrum disorder) and, like many adopters, we are constantly battling for better support for them (and us). You’ll see a lot about that battle around here – it fuels my enthusiasm to help others in a similar position.
On this site
You’ll also find
- resources for adoptive parenthood
- reviews of books and products I think you’ll find helpful
- posts about specific aspects of self-care
- moans about the continual slog of trying to get our children the support they need (including a campaign to highlight adoptive parents’ mental health and tips on how to get things moving)
- accounts of the latest bout of violence (just so you know I’m dealing with the same stuff as you).
If you’re not sure where to start, then click on one of the most popular posts (above) and leave a comment to say hello, or ask a question. I’d love to hear from you.
I write about adoption for a range of publications and am available to commission for blogs and articles, both in mainstream media and for adoption organisations.
My blog posts have been promoted by CBeebies and MumsNet.
Amazon links are affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking through I get a really tiny amount of money. Just so you know.